There is a growing new business model in Oregon. Entrepreneurs, Millennials, Boomers, small and midsize companies, are discovering how to positively impact the world and make a profit. The movement’s focus is the “Triple Bottom Line,” or People, Planet and Profit. These companies are called Benefit Companies, Benefit Corporations and B Corps and they believe and act differently than other businesses.
In this workshop, we:
- Give you with the business case for this model
- Share with you why it is gaining traction across the state and across the country
- Explain the differences between a Benefit Company, Benefit Corporation and a B-Corp
- Share insight from Oregon business leaders embracing this model and how it has helped them thrive.
- Review the State’s requirements and the process for becoming a Benefit Company
- Help you determine whether your business and your leadership style make you a good candidate for this business model using a simple assessment tool
- Share options for certification by a third-party reviewer to differentiate your business as a Benefit Company
September 19, 5:30 to 7:30 PM
Room 212 of the The Graduate & Research Center at 650 SW Columbia Street Bend, OR 97702.
The Oregon Benefit Company