4:30 PM – Startup Pitches
Join us at the Graduate and Research Center at OSU-Cascades to hear from student startup teams.
5:30 PM – Networking
After the pitches, network with students, mentors, and sponsors of the event.
6:10 PM – Co-Lab Reveal
Come see the incubator space at OSU-Cascades Innovation Co-Lab, and learn about some big plans for the next year. Also, learn about how you can get involved and use the Co-Lab for your startup, nonprofit, or small business.
6:20 PM – New Companies, Nonprofits, and Businesses Making a Difference
Hear and see what startups, nonprofits, and businesses are doing in our Bend community.
6:30 PM – PitchFest Winner Announced
Find out who won the PitchFest and how we plan to support all of our startup teams.
Graduate Research Center at OSU-Cascades (Directions)
650 SW Columbia Street Bend, OR 97702
At the PitchFest, students can pitch a product, service, app, or business idea. Applications are due by May 27th. On June 4th, students will pitch and a panel of judges will evaluate each idea.
Students can win a variety of prizes that will help them launch their businesses:
- Startup Costs – We will select 5 student teams from the pool of applicants, and each of these student teams will get $250 to pay for startup costs. The Co-Lab will pay these costs directly to equipment vendors, software providers, professionals, or other service providers that the student chooses.*
- Startup Bonus – A group of judges will select the winner of the PitchFest. The winning student team will get a bonus of $500 to launch their startup company. The Co-Lab will pay these costs directly to vendors, professionals, or service providers that the winner chooses.*
- Space at the OSU-Cascades Innovation Co-Lab – All participants will receive free access to the startup incubator space at the OSU-Cascades Innovation Co-Lab.
- Mentorship from Professionals – All participants will get free mentorship from a team of professionals. This includes attorneys, accountants, lawyers, marketing consultants, UI/UX professionals, software developers and others.
- Free training from the OSU-Advantage Accelerator – All students will get access to online training from the OSU Advantage Accelerator The program, titled Iterate, covers customer discovery and building products that your customers love.
- Free training from the OSU-Cascades Innovation Co-Lab – All students will get access to the Investment Prep Handbook, Startup Handbook, and coaching from the Co-Lab.
- Eligibility for the OSU UVDF Fund – All participants in the OSU-Advantage Accelerator program are eligible to apply for the OSU UVDF Fund, and get up to $50,000 in funding to commercialize inventions.
- Google Cloud for Startups – Credits and One free Year of G Suite – Qualifying participants will become eligible for to $3000 in Google Cloud and Firebase credits and one free year of G Suite (Gmail, Google Docs, Etc.)
To apply, please submit our short form online.
*Please note that OSU-C cannot pay to file state business registration fees or professional certifications, and that these funds must be spent before February 7, 2020.
Our mentors will work with students over the summer to help them turn their ideas into reality. In order to provide the best experience possible for these students, we are looking to expand our network of mentors, professional service providers, and sponsors. If you’d like to get involved, please contact email@example.com.